Saturday 27 April 2013

Vegan spelt pizza with basil pesto and cherry tomatoes




It's really funny as I was posting the veggie healthy pizza last week and realising during the writing why I just love that pizza and why I don't used to be a pizza fan. Until now ofcourse;-) I realised I normaly don't like the cheese on my pizza as it gives me that fatty and guilty feeling afterwards. So since I know that, I DO love pizza's but then just the healthy ones..I feel like eating pizza every day..well..almost every day now.

This pizza that I made yesterday was really easy and just really healthy and non-refined fatty;-) Isn't that just great? What do you need for this pizza?


* serves 2
* 45 minutes rising time
* 20-25 minutes oven time

* 10 minutes preparing time

- 300 grams of spelt flour (make sure always to have a bit extra, if the dough is too wet)
- 160-200 ml lukewarm water
- 5 gram dry yeast
- 7 grams of salt
- 3 coffeecups of fresh basil leaves and some extra for garnish
- 1/4 coffeecup of roasted pinenuts
- 1 big clove of garlic or 2 smaller ones

- 3 tblsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 small dried chiliflake
- some extra salt
- a bit of black pepper
- 15 cherry tomatoes sliced into 2 parts
- olive oil



Put the flour, lukewarm water and yeast together. Knead it with your hands or in the foodprocessor. After 2 minutes add the salt and knead further. If the dough is still sticky add some more spelt flour until it's not stikcy anymore. Let the dough rise for about 45 minutes.


Meanwhile put the fresh basil leaves, lemon juice, roasted pinenuts, chiliflake and garlic in the foodprocessor and mix finely. Add some olive oil (about 5 tblsp) and mix again until a smooth paste. Add more oil if needed. Add a pinch of salt and stir well.


Preheat the oven on 180-200 degrees. Spread the rised dough over some paper tray on the griddle. You can do that by hand or by rolling pin. Spread the homemade vegan basil pesto evenly over the pizzacrust and dived the cherry tomatoes on top of it. Add some salt and peper  and sprinkle some olive oil over the pizza and put into the oven for about 20-25 minutes untill ready.

When served add some basil leaves to garnish. Enjoy your healthy pizza!


For more deliciousness, inspiration, recipes follow me on instagram: @everythinggrowswithlove

No comments:

Post a Comment