Monday 6 May 2013

Oven Pumpkin, grilled asparagus, nutty couscous and a vegan herb butter




Ohhhhhh I love my veggies and especially the plain ones, simply grilled or baked with a bit of salt & pepper and sometimes with a good oil or butter. If you eat veggies like this, you can totally feel them entering your body and give your body a boost. Well...at least I feel this way about my simply baked veggies.

I do have to tell you that I suck at asparagus, but the owner of our new local organic shop in Amsterdam South explained me very well how I can prepare them best. He used to be an headchef in a restaurant so I do trust him;-) and guess what? They turned out great! Here is my healthy & delicous simply prepared veggies recipe!


* serves 2
* 30 minutes


- half an orange organic pumpkin sliced in small parts (the reason why I really mention organic, as al my food is organic, is that you can leave the skin on the pumpkin in the organic version)
- 8 asparagus

- couscous for 2 (around 170-200 grams)
- 2 handful of chopped walnuts
- 2 tblsp of slivered almonds

- 2 handful of roughely chopped fresh parsley
- 4 tblsp room temperature vegan butter
- butter herbs (you can find them in most organic shops or use fresh or drie herbs to mix with)
- olive oil
- salt & pepper


Preheat the oven on 200 degrees and put the pumpkin on the oven plate and paper tray. Sprinkle some olive oil on them en a bit of (Himalaya) salt. Put them in the oven for about 30 minutes and turn them around after 15 minutes. Slice the end of the asparagus of and cook them in boiled water for about 7 minutes. Take them out and heat the grill. Grill them for about 5 to 7 minutes on each side and sprinkle with a bit of salt and pepper. Prepare the couscous according to preparation. Mix the herbs with the butter in a bowl. Put the couscous on a plate and garnish with the nuts. Put the pumpkin on the couscous garnish with the fresh parsley. Put the asparagus aside and serve with the herb butter. Enjoy your food!

No comments:

Post a Comment