Friday 3 May 2013

Superfood amaranth porridge




I love my porridges. I used to be a sandwich lover...which I still am every now and then, but I really switched in to a cooked porridge lover in the mornings. They are my fuel for the day, the give me energy and I can truly feel them nourishing my body.


What I also love about porridges, you can change the ingredients all the time. One of my favourites are this healthy superfood porridge. What do you need for this lovely morning energizer?

* serves 1
* 10 minutes

- 2 coffeecups of amaranth flakes
- 2 coffeecups of rice milk (a bit extra for when it's getting too dry)
- an handful of soaked & peeled almonds
- an handful of mulberries and chopped pitted dates
- some pumpkinseeds
- an handful of raw cacao nibs
- 1 teaspoon chiaseeds
- optional: 1 teaspoon of hempseeds/flaxseeds/gojiberries etc

- 0,5 teaspoon cinnammon
- 1 tablespoon agave or maple syrup

Put the amaranth flakes and rice milk in a pan and bring to a boil. Stir in between once a while and let it slowly cook for about 7 minutes. Add some more ricemilk if it's getting to dry. Keep on stirring the porridge. Put the porridge in a bowl and add everything else to it. Before eating make sure to mix all well together. Enjoy your morning fuel!

No comments:

Post a Comment